Saturday, September 22, 2012

Morning Prayers

It was one of those days. Actually, it was one of those weeks... okay, months... {sigh}... where my morning prayers go a little something like this...
Dear Heavenly Father, 
I've woken up at 4:30 to work out. I've showered, read my scriptures, and now I'm praying to Thee. I've been perfect so far today {remember, this is around 6 am}. I haven't gossiped or had mean thoughts. I've already drank lots of water. I've been a good girl. 
But in about an hour the girls are going to wake up. I just want to be a good mom. Please let me think before I raise my voice. Please fill in all my gaps. 
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.

I hadn't gotten my camera out in about 2 weeks. For me, that's like a decade. But on this lovely morning I was going to pick myself up out of this funk and take pictures of my girls. 
They complete me. Let me clarify- We are a team. The three amigos. When Rachel is having a rough day, Maggie is being an angel. When Maggie is having a rough day, Rachel is being a helper. Sometimes both of them have rough days at the same time, then we watch Tangled.
   They are incredibly stubborn. To me, it's an amazing trait to possess. However, it can be rough on Mommies. But let's face it, all Mommies are struggling, learning, adapting, growing, and changing with their babies. And it's all for the better.
Photobucket
She cracks me up. 
Can you tell it was a fast slide?
Photobucket
Something about this picture gets me. She's talking to me. She is quite the chatter box these days. When we're driving in the car, I'm constantly turning down the radio to chat with this little girl... 
Photobucket
She's so cute. 
That's all.
Photobucket
Yep, I just want to be a good Mom. Don't we all? And I do think know Heavenly Father fills in all our gaps. 
I will forever be grateful for my opportunity to stay at home with these two little rascals. 
They complete me.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Pop and Nana said...

Sugarbear, that was a perfect post.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand how you're feeling! It is so hard being a Mommy sometimes!! You do a wonderful job! Look at those happy girls! :)