Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Motherhood Pick-Me-Up

It has been rough in the motherhood department lately. I have done all the things that I try so hard not to do- more than once. I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes. We've all been there.


Quite often I find myself discouraged. Discouraged about things that are just silly. So silly. Things like if my girls have bows in their hair, or if their hair has even been combed that day. Shoot, did I remember to brush their teeth? Things like what lessons to teach... I am going to totally mess them up? Are they on track? What creative things have we done this week? What fun activities are planned? Things like if I look like a "put together" Mom, hair done, make-up on, cute clothes... when really it's just the same t-shirts every week. Don't get me started on comparing myself to others. I told you- silliness. But I think all women, to some degree, let silly things like these get to them. I can see myself reading this and laughing tomorrow. Heck, I'm laughing now! Come on, you know I'm not the only one that does these SILLY things! 


I spotted this yesterday... Definitely the work of Miss Rachel. Sippy cup filled with water and a fake flower. classic. The littlest things put the biggest smile on my face... 

Photobucket
Looks like someone else spotted it too...
Photobucket
Don't mind if I do...
Photobucket
And returning it to it's former glory...
Photobucket
This proved to be the best entertainment for Maggie, which gave me to just enough time to finish dinner without the "help" from this troublemaker...
Photobucket
And here's a motherhood quote that always makes me feel better. Nothing like a powerful Holland quote to get me through the day--- 
"May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.” -Jeffery R. Holland 

I am magnificent. I'm doing well. He trusts me. Rely on Him. Press Forward. 
Got it. 

3 comments:

Meredith Murdock said...

Holy cow!!! I really needed that quote!! I often feel like I'm not doing anything right and that I've ruined Davanee forever. Thanks for the reminder that we are awesome mommies!!

Shelley said...

I get discouraged by the same silly things, it's nice to know I'm not the only one! The pictures of Maggie totally made me laugh, adorable!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Jessica! You are such a beautiful, smart and talented woman! I am constantly jealous at how strong and wonderful you are. But thank you for reminding me that we all need a little pick up now and then!!