Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Homemade Lava Lamps

The girls and I made Lava Lamps a few weeks ago. I can't tell you how much I love pinterest. So many ideas, so little time! I've decided I better start doing instead of just pinning! haha! 
So, we did it. We made some homemade lava lamps.
Super simple. Super fun. 


Homemade Lava Lamps
Water Bottle
Vegetable Oil
Water
Food Coloring
Alka Seltzer

That's it! Now fill the bottle half way with oil and half way with water, leaving some space at the top. Then add 10 drops of food coloring. And lastly, drop in some alka seltzer. 
WA-LA! Lava lamps!


This could have kept her entertained all day! We used up two whole boxes of alka seltzer!
Photobucket
Sweet Maggie saying "thank you!"...
Photobucket
It was way past naptime. Can you tell?  
Photobucket
"Okay Mom, I've had it! Where's my plug? Get me outta this thing!"
Man, that scowl...
Photobucket
fascinated...
Photobucket
So fun to watch...
Photobucket

My favorite part was getting to say- "We made Lava Lamps today!" 
Yeah, we're cool.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Yes, you're cool. I would do well to DO as much as I PIN. Though we usually have a pretty good time when we do. You're inspiring!