Monday, November 1, 2010

A Father's Love

George Strait-"A Love Without End, Amen":

I got sent home from school one day with a shiner on my eye 
Fighting was against the rules and it didnt matter why 
When Dad got home I told that story just like Id rehearsed 
Then stood there on those trembling knees and waited for the worst 

And he said, Let me tell you a secret, about a fathers love 
A secret that my daddy said was just between us 
He said daddies dont just love their children every now and then 
It's a love without end, amen, its a love without end, amen 

When I became a father in the spring of 81 
There was no doubt that stubborn boy was just like my fathers son 
And when I thought my patience had been tested to the end 
I took my daddys secret and I passed it on to him 


And I said, Let me tell you a secret, about a fathers love 
A secret that my daddy said was just between us 
I said daddies dont just love their children every now and then 
It's a love without end, amen, its a love without end, amen 

Last night I dreamed Id died and stood outside those pearly gates 
When suddenly I realized there must be some mistake 
If they knew half the things I've done theyll never let me in 
Then somewhere from the other side I heard those words again 

And they said, Let me tell you a secret, about a fathers love 
A secret that my daddy said was just between us 
You see daddies dont just love their children every now and then 
It's a love without end, amen, its a love without end, amen

Photobucket
One of my all-time favorite songs. Many of my thoughts have been centered on "A Father's Love" today.  There really is nothing in the world like the love of a Daddy. Or the love of our Father in Heaven.  
It's a love without end, amen, its a love without end, amen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo sweet Jessica! :) You just have the cutest family ever! I hope you're doing good!

Mary Anne said...

Cute!

Ha ha, just kidding...well I'm not just kidding, but...I think you get the joke, right? Anyway, these are adorable pictures. You do such a fabulous job!

Josh and Jill said...

I love that song too! You're right Daddies are the best! I wish our kids never had to miss their Dads.

erica said...

I LOVE this, Jessica! What a beautiful post and what a beautiful message!

Sutherland Family said...

I have always loved that song...it is a classic! It's interesting because the way Heavenly Father parents us, his children, is our model for parenting. I think that's what George is sayin! I loved all those pictures of Tyler...he is such a sweet dad and husband! You are a lucky girl! P.S. I'll blog recipes soon! Love ya!