Friday, November 5, 2010

flying

There was a lesson given in Sunday school the week that Tyler left that has stuck with me ever since. Which is incredible because we're studying Isaiah, and I never know what the heck the guy is talking about! I have a long way to go before becoming a master scriptorian, obviously.  But there were a few scriptures that spoke to me, enlightened me, made me happy, and gave me strength...

Isaiah 40: 28-31
  28 ¶ Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

  29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
  30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
  31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

There are mornings where I lay in bed listening to Rachel wake up thinking, "How in the heck am I going to do this?"  It feels like my body is telling me, "OK Jess, I've had it. I'm not moving today." Does anyone else's bodies talk to them?... well mine does...(that was supposed to be a joke)... haha, anyway, and then I think of these verses.  He giveth "POWER to the faint and weary"! Then, my favorite part, "They shall mount up with wings as eagles"... I kept repeating that line over and over again in my mind... what do you think that means?... 
Have you ever looked back on your life and wondered, "How did I ever make it through that?"  There are several instances where I've looked back and wondered that.  Then, I think of that line, "They shall mount up with wings as eagles.."   
I know now... It's because I was being carried.  I was flying. 

 It brought me back to moments in my life where I truly felt like a could fly... I even gave it try! HA! didn't work, but I think I got as close as you can get...( I just had the line from "Toy Story" go through my brain..."Oh, what? What? These are plastic. He can't fly.They are a terillium-carbonic alloy,and I can fly"... haha... just call me Buzz Lightyear)... okay I am now officially blabbing... 




Photobucket

5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Yes I think we do blog at the same time! I LOVED these scriptures Jess! Made me think of our boys at Ranger School, and I really wish I could send these verses to Dusty right now. And yes, I definitely hear those words from my body on occasion. I didn't know your bungee jumped!?! You are so cool!

And I really, seriously, loved this post. Thank you so much. It may just have been a tender mercy for me today :)

Mary Anne said...

I love this so much I'm going to post it on FB. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Jessica you always inspire me! :) You have such a gift for words! Your sweet testimony never fails to amaze me! I'm so lucky to say I ever got to know you and be your friend! :) Thanks for uplifting me!

Jeni said...

Great scriptures, Jess! From the look of the picture on the top right it looks like you are flying!! I always knew you had wings!

Sutherland Family said...

There have been times in my life where my strength was not enough. As tough as I think I am, during those times, I wasn't enough. The key for me in those scriptures is "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength." I didn't know how to do that, but life forced me to learn, which I think is a good thing. But I didn't say it was fun :). But I do affirm it is worth it :). Love you!