Saturday, November 20, 2010

He would be proud...

I was at Kohl's today and a lady stopped me to tell me how cute I looked... she said that she couldn't even tell I was pregnant from the back.  I could have kissed her. What a nice thing to say to a complete stranger.  She has no idea how much she made my day. So much better than, "Wow, you look like your about to pop!" haha.
If Tyler had said that I would have just rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah, uh-huh."  Why do we have to be so hard on ourselves?  Why are complements from our loved ones ignored or brushed off? Why is it an act of congress to get out from behind the camera and snap a few of myself? Sometimes I think I automatically tune them out without realizing it. This is something I definitely need to work on.

It's funny how I can look at a picture from a year ago, and say, "I wish I looked that good right now." When at the time all I wanted was 5 more pounds shaved off.  I just couldn't see the good in "the now". I can't tell you have many times "I'm fat" have come out of my mouth since I was 13 years old.  It's awful.  I was never fully aware of how harmful it was until I got married and then had a daughter of my own.  I never ever want to hear my sweet girl utter those words. But how can I expect her not to when I am constantly saying ugly things about myself? It got to a point in our marriage where I was no longer allowed to use the word fat, chubby, or plump! haha.  It's true.  My poor husband.  Instead we made a deal that I would say something that I wanted to fix and how I would accomplish it... So instead of "Look at this! (while I grab a roll from my midsection in disgust)"... I say, "No more pop-tarts." haha.

Yesterday, Tyler requested I make a blog post with pictures of me so he could see my belly and new haircut. I said... well, I'll send you an email, but I am not blogging it.  Unfortunately the computer was being slow last night and he didn't receive either.  But, after thinking about it, I decided to do a blog post. Even if they aren't the best pictures in the world and the lighting is all off... I know it will make him smile when he receives it in the mail.  And you know what?  It's making me smile too.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8 comments:

Kate said...

You look good, miss! I'm gone for two weeks and come back and realize I've missed some grand posts from you. Thanks for your posts, you are amazing to me and such a great example.

Mary Anne said...

Look at how adorable you are! I'M glad you posted these...I can only imagine how Tyler will feel! Ha ha...love you girl! You are so cute!

eden and david said...

i totally agree with you with how hard it is to be happy now. plus, you look beautiful!!!

Devin said...

Look how gorgeous you are Jess! You look great!!! Love the hair cut. Love ya

Megan said...

you are a beautiful vivacious...no need to shy away from it! Love the hair cut! I have been wanting to chop mine off for about a month now..I just haven't had the courage or the desire to shell out the money...haha!

Jeni said...

Cute cut, cute pregnant belly, cute you!! Great job!!

Tyler and Jess said...

thanks everybody! I so needed to hear this. Ya'll are the best.

Stephanie (Blackhurst) Jones said...

Lookin good chica. I love the hair. You've always looked good, heathly, and strong to me. You inspire me and I think of y'all a lot when I think about Brett and I. Just knowing that you understand makes me feel better.