Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cow Appreciation Day

Did you know that every July there is a Cow Appreciation Day? And did you know Chick-fil-a offers a free meal to whoever dresses up as a cow on this very day?
Photobucket
We love Chick-fil-a. The girls and I eat there way too often. It has become a deployment splurge, but let's face it, we were hooked long before this deployment started.  
She is just too darn cute! 
MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Photobucket
This has been a tradition of Scott and Sarah's family for a few years now and I think it's brillant! 
Photobucket
Look at them little cows!
Photobucket
I told them to smile and this was the result... yikes!
 hahaha! Crazy kids...
Photobucket
How about ya'll mooooo instead? 
Yeah, just like that...
Photobucket
Sarah knew just what to do and even made this adorable signs! 
We cut out ears, spots for shirts, and Rachel got to borrow Kristen's cow dress! That morning we told Rachel that we were going to go to Chick-fil-a and that we were going to dress up as cows. That was a mistake. We should have told her BEFORE naptime. She was so excited that it took forever to get her to go down! haha...
Photobucket
Mags and Kristen
Photobucket
Maggie refused to wear her ears, spots, and sign so she turned out to be our little albino cow... Who needs to dress up as a cow when everyone calls you Maggie Moo anyway? ;)
Photobucket
As soon as we got there Maggie walked through the door and gave me this look like, "Mom, what's going on here? These people are nuts."
That picture on the right kills me.
Photobucket
Our group!  
Photobucket
Oh. My. Word. Maggie loved the cow!!! She giggled and giggled and giggled! She followed him around, kissed, and tackled him. I didn't know what to do... is that behavior acceptable? Should I get her off the cow? Is the cow super annoyed? I tried to distract her but she kept yelling, "COW! COW! COW!". I'm not exaggerating folks, she really loved that cow. 
Photobucket
Rachel was a bit more timid and giggled by just getting up close. She eventually gave the cow a hug.
Photobucket
I think we pull off the cow look pretty good. ;)
Photobucket
Crazy Maggie Moo... Grabbing the cows and making her rounds waving at everyone... 
Photobucket
This way cow, I know were I'm going! Everyone got a kick out of watching Maggie with that cow. It was stinkin funny. 
Photobucket
Cow Appreciation Day was a hit! Needless to say, I think this has become a new family tradition of ours too! 

3 comments:

Meredith Murdock said...

Y'all are so cute!! And Maggie is hilarious!

Mary Anne said...

LOOOOOVE IT!!!

Josh and Denise said...

These pictures are precious! I love all their outfits (even spotless Maggie!)