Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pineywoods Purgatory 2012

    My first bike race! 
My Aunt told me about this race a long time ago and we had been planning on it ever since. I remember her telling the distance options... 25, 50, 72, or 100 miles. I had no idea what to expect, but I'm sure glad she picked the 72 mile distance. It was very challenging, fun, and just right.
Getting our bikes all ready... WHOOP!
Photobucket
Oh goodness, this is not a flattering one of me at all... oh well, at least Susan let me borrow her cool Clif Bar jersey!
Photobucket
The ride was beautiful! I got about 30 miles down the road when I realized that I forgot to take a picture, so I pulled over and snapped a few. I think the course we actually rode was much more lush and hilly than this picture, but at least you get the idea. 
After getting off my bike for the first time, I wasn't sure if I would be able to walk the next day! HOLY HILLS! It was crazy! Seriously though, it was up down up down the whole way. Not to mention the cold front that came through during the ride. We braved it! And we conquered it!  
Thanks for sticking with me Susan! I had a blast!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

How cool! You are constantly challenging yourself...I totally admire that. I wish I could catch some of your strength! :) You're awesome!