Sunday, June 10, 2012

Short and Sweet

I had a sweet moment with Rachel this morning. It was a simple conversation...

Rachel: "I love you so much Mommy."
Me: "I love you too sweetheart."
Rachel: "I just want you to be happy Mom."
Me: "I am happy!"
Rachel: "Let me see that smile!"
Me: *big smiles*

I love her. I love her so so much.
I had the opportunity to give a talk in church two weeks ago. Ya'll are going to think I'm a psycho person, but I actually enjoy giving talks in church. I hate the preparation and the worry if it's going to turn out okay. But the feeling you get when you're finished is just awesome. To me, anyway. The topic was, "Finding Joy in the Journey". HA! Literally just what I needed. 

I'm going to keep this short and sweet and share with you a quote that has become one of my all time favorites. I had never heard it before. 

"The fact is most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. 
Life is like an old time rail journey- delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. 
The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

You had to have been there to hear the sincerity and sweetness in Rachel's voice during that conversation.  It meant so much to me, and I realized that I had just seen one of those beautiful vistas President Hinckley was talking about. 

Thanks for the ride. 

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I wish I could *like* this post :) Thanks for sharing...too sweet.

Cari said...

love that quote!!