Monday, May 7, 2012

Salt Lake City Half Marathon 2012

Over Christmas break my cousin announced that she'd be getting married!! I so wanted to go, but since it was in Utah and during deployment I didn't think that the odds were in my favor. That is until my parents volunteered to watch my babies while my brother and I went to the wedding. I love my parents. They will never know how badly I needed this little adventure. 
As the date drew closer something dawned on me. I would be without my children for two whole days. Suddenly I started feeling really anxious. Like really anxious. I mean, what in the world would I take pictures of?
What's going on here? Snap out of it Jess! It's just two days! Your babies will be fine. In fact they were more than fine! They were being spoiled by their grandparents! I know people probably thought I was crazy missing my babies so much, but seriously guys- two days is a long time for Mommies. 
And of course, what's a vacation without waking up at 4:45 in the morning to run a half marathon? Certainly not any vacation I'm interested in. ;)


I was so excited to be running with a buddy this time! CAITLIN! Yes!!! She is amazing!  We had such a great time.
I thought it was appropriate to begin with the "port-a-potty" picture. After all, it is the first thing on the agenda for race day... 
Photobucket
Mountains!!! LOOK!!! Do you see them? I was in awe the entire trip. Every time I walked outside, or got in a car- Mountains people! Aren't they just beautiful? All the Utah people thought I had problems every time I shouted out... "Look! Mountains!" Can't find those in Texas...gosh I just want to go climb one!
Photobucket
The start! Can you find us?
Photobucket
Ah-Ha! There we are!
Photobucket
Caitlin and I had so much fun! I had no idea how much fun it would be to run with a buddy. We talked and laughed the whole way! I didn't even turn on my ipod! We are such goofballs! Just a little dance for the camera. We were tired, but you'd never guess.
Photobucket
I'm a fan of sun-spot pictures. I don't really know why, just am. Still talking and laughing... And look! Mountains!
Photobucket
Sprinting at the finish!!! 
Photobucket
We did it!!! And even with all the goofing around we managed to finish in 2:07! I was excited about that.
Photobucket
We are weird. How else do you take a picture with Caitlin anyway? haha!
Photobucket
At least we think we're hilarious! hahaha!
Photobucket
My brother and this girlfriend along with Jared and Devin Payne came to the finish! And I got to meet the newest member of the Payne Family! Little Ayden!
Photobucket
 Ayden was adopted only a month ago! He is the cutest little thing ever!!! Sometimes I am in awe at how awesome this family is that I married into. It's good to be a Payne. Welcome Ayden! And Congratulations to Jared and Devin...
Photobucket

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

You are just racing left and right my friend! Looks like you had an awesome time. I'm sure a half is WAY more fun with someone to run with! Good job!!

Britney R. said...

How on earth do you have so much energy? What am I doing wrong? I have two little kids just like you and they wear me out!

Anonymous said...

You are such a beast! :) Look at you! I hope one day I can be as awesome at running as you are! Way to go! And congrats on the new nephew! That's so exciting that they were able to adopt!!

Caitlin (& Billy) said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Those pictures...so funny!! How are we so weird? Oh man that run was seriously SO MUCH FUN! I think about it every once in a while and it makes me happy. I want to do another one! You are so awesome Jessica. Love you!!

Caitlin (& Billy) said...

P.s. my bum looks very voluptuous in that sun spot picture...and i like it

Sutherland Family said...

Oh my goodness! I love you two! I wish I had run it but it was almost more fun watching you guys!