Monday, February 24, 2014

Christmas Day!

Christmas in our own home was..... 
a dream come true.
I'd come downstairs every morning to this beautiful sight...
 photo DSC_7484_zps83bbbbb9.jpg
I've been collecting ornaments and tinsel for the past several years always storing them away in boxes until I had my own tree to set up.
This year I got to go through them all and put them on the tree.
Seriously, who needs Christmas presents?
I adore our Christmas tree.
 photo DSC_7828copy_zpsd60c5277.jpg
Rachel and Maggies stockings... made by their Great Nana! So special. I love them!
 photo DSC_7850copy_zps2fb81a1e.jpg
A Payne tradition!!! 
Every year they put baby Jesus in a manger at the beginning of the month, and as they do kind acts of service and love they are able to add straw to the baby's manager. 
I love this idea!!! Tyler built our little manager and we did this at the end of every day.
On Christmas morning before we can open presents we first sing "Happy Birthday" to baby Jesus and of course, give him lots of kisses... :)
 photo DSC_7858copy_zpsbd7f9d90.jpg
Rachel and her bow and arrow. She seriously has been asking for this since the summer!
She surprises me with things like this... so girly yet tough too.
She was thrilled!!!!
 photo DSC_7870copy_zpsdc271d07.jpg
And of course we went on a family run after breakfast had settled a bit! And I got to try out my new jump rope at the park! Sweet!
Baby Luke enjoyed his ride!
 photo DSC_7882copy_zps38348711.jpg
Tyler pushed the girls in the double stroller, and I pushed Luke in this... We were a sight to behold running through our neighborhood!
I love my family.
 photo DSC_7883copy_zps58794d6e.jpg
I wish I had gotten more pictures. Honestly, I'm proud of myself for getting all of these! Luke was only two months old at the time and I was seriously sleep deprived! Oh newborns! haha!
Christmas wore Maggie out! I found her dead asleep on the ottoman with Luke's blanket in the midst of all the family room noise. She was out cold. 
This is my favorite picture of the day...
 photo DSC_7897copy_zps6a8ffcd7.jpg
MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!!!

2 comments:

Josh and Denise said...

What a perfect Christmas!

Sutherland Family said...

I have tears in my eyes after this post. You know why? Because I remember your mindset when you were here in the summer when Tyler was gone. I remember your worries, fears, hopes, and dreams. Well, these pictures show answers to prayer and dreams come true. It is a testimony to me that we go through hard times so the sweet ones will be sweeter. Your Christmas couldn't be any sweeter. I love you, girl!