Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Best Friends

So we left town again.  It seems we are always on the road these days.  This time though, it was all about seeing BEST FRIEND- Monica Del Valle Morey! Yep, that's the one. 

She has been my best friend since I was 13 years old. It was a time in my life where I desperately needed her. And as it turns out she needed me too. It's funny how things have a way of working out when you think there's no possible way they ever will. I guess that's what makes life interesting. I feel blessed to have made a handful of amazing friends in my life.  They just don't come by that often.  
 
It was so great to see her.  We picked up exactly where we left off- hugging, dancing, singing, and making cookies.  It's like nothing had changed.  That's what I love about Monica- we'll always be friends forever.  Won't we?  RuuuuRRuuuuRuuuu {Fox and The Hound} 

Monica and I.  She's so gorgeous! Inside and Out.  And you can totally tell even from a picture. Don't you think? I am one lucky best friend. 
Photobucket
Getting Ice Cream after Women's Conference... we were laughing so hard we cryed!  I LOVE when that happens.  And I won't tell you what we were talking about... I'm afraid Nana would get out her wooden spoon and chase me around the house... 
Photobucket
Sunday family picture! Thanks Monica for letting me wear your cute clothes... 
{note to self: buy a cute dress and leggings- it works for you.}  
Photobucket
 I ADORE this picture.  Maggie has learned to wave and say hi.  Pretty much the cutest thing ever.   
Photobucket
Here's a good one for the Daddy wall I'm making... You can always count on getting a good smile from Rachel in the swing...
Photobucket
Yep, nothings changed.
Photobucket
Cookie time!  A best friend tradition passed on the the next generation- I think we succeeded for sure. 
Photobucket
Definitely a success. She licked that spoon dry. And yes, I gave Maggie raw cookie dough- I don't care who you are, you're not living unless you eat the dough. 
Period. Exclamation mark. kaboom.  
Photobucket
And that's it.  
p.s.- Monica, let's not wait another 4 years to do this. I think I might die. 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, how fun! I love reconnecting with old friends!! :) And yes girl you are totally workin' the dress and leggings thing!!

Cari said...

I love the dress and leggings!!!

Shelley said...

The dress and leggings are really cute! And I've given my kids raw cookie dough too =)

MoniQuerida said...

Best Friend!!! You always know how to pull at my heart strings so I cry! :) I miss you and I'm so glad I got to spend a good 5 days with you! You did rock that dress and leggings! :) No worries we won't wait another 4 years to see eachother.. I love you too much! :) Those are some cute pics! You'll have to email them to me when you get a chance. You are the best and I am so blessed to know you and have you as my best friend! XOXOXO P.S Tyler.. here is comment #2 :)

Sale Fails said...

I love your outfit and your cute Sunday family photo!

Mary Anne said...

How fun! And Jess!! You look SO GOOD! That dress and leggings on you is hot! I'm sure Tyler would agree :) But really, you have made me very anxious to get back into shape after this baby comes. You look fantastic. Glad you got to spend time with a good friend!