Monday, October 17, 2011

"my photography"

Okay, that just sounds weird... "my photography".  Why does that sound so weird? Well shoot, it is MY photography!   

Anyway, I think I've turned a corner in "my photography"... yes, it has become more than just a hobby, but it's now a lucrative hobby.  I was so nervous about this... seriously, I lost quite a bit of sleep, but I've decided that my pictures are worth something!  And that it is far too much work to do it for free all the time.
Really though, I take so much joy out of photography. It makes me realize all the "little things" in life.  All the simple joys that so often I forget.  I also believe that blogging and photography has helped me be a better mother and wife.  Something about it makes you look back and smile and look forward in excitement. It especially helps me when my husband is away.  

That being said, I am still very hard on myself.  I don't think that you can ever master photography.  There is always something to learn.  Which is what I love about it! However, it's hard to look at my pictures without thinking, "I have a long way to go" or while looking at other peoples pictures thinking, "My pictures are never going to that good". But instead of saying those things, tonight I'm going to look at the progress I've made and share a few recent pictures.

All of these photos are from two baby shoots I've done recently.  Ahhh baby shoots! So much FUN! Looking back I couldn't tell you why I was so darn nervous!  You really can't go wrong when working with a perfect subject.  And that is exactly what these two are... perfect. 


I could stare at these toes forever.  So sweet. I love all the crinkles.
Photobucket
Little Baylin had to be sucking on something! She always found a way to get that arm in her mouth! Either way, I thought it was pretty cute. 
Photobucket
okay Jess, don't get baby hungry now... remember you already have two! 
What a little angel, don't you think?
Photobucket
The colors in this one make me happy.
Photobucket
I love it when they wrap their tiny hand around your finger...
Photobucket
And here's little Bruce... what a manly name right?  I love it. 
Photobucket
I wonder what he's dreamin about... I'd say IBC root beer or Heaven, maybe both! haha.
Photobucket
I LOVE this one.  I know it's probably not a likely top pick for most people, but I remember just sitting in Rachel's room while I was pregnant with her trying to imagine what it would like to actually see a baby in that crib.  This picture is a dream come true to me.
Photobucket
The only smile of the shoot... And I caught it! I was so excited.
Photobucket
The Bingham Family... All three of them!
Photobucket

So there you have it! What do you think?  I'd love to hear some feedback. Actually that's not true, if you don't like these pictures go ahead and keep it to yourself. haha.

4 comments:

Britney said...

You're doing great! I know how you feel about not feeling like you're good enough to start charging. It's a hard step to take! Your time alone is worth something though! And your pictures are good! Those are 2 cute babies!

Josh and Jill said...

I love all your pictures! You are so talented!!

Kate said...

They look awesome! And what a great subject matter to shoot! I know who'll I'll ask if I need pictures!

Mary Anne said...

Jess! YOUR photography IS amazing! I was thinking "Man, Jess needs to give me some pointers on newborns!" These are wonderful pictures. And you caught a baby smile! That's incredible. Good for you for deciding your pictures are WORTH something. Because they are.