Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Horny Toad

What happens the day after Daddy comes home? 
They catch lizards in the backyard.
Yes, Maggie is wearing a hoodie. 
Yes, it's 100 degrees outside. Yes, she marches to her own drum.
 photo DSC_6156_zpsa0d3d2a3.jpg
Rachel loved the the little guy, and Maggie wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. 
I'm about 99% sure that he was a baby horny toad. He made big noises and was super prickly.
Not something you'd find in Houston. We definitely live in the hill country.
 photo DSC_6161_zpse59d685b.jpg
Rachel got brave and picked up the little guy.
Even got comfortable enough to switch hands and eventually let him go all by herself!
I was impressed.
 photo DSC_6174_zps3a500381.jpg
Everything about this picture of Rachel makes me happy.
I finally caught a non-princess, genuine, double-chin, cheesy smile!
One thing I admire about my Rachel is her sheer determination. 
It doesn't matter if its soccer, swimming, spelling her name, or picking up a lizard; she pushes through any discomfort or fear and just goes for it. I think that determined personality of hers will take her amazing places. 
"You go girl!"
Love,
Momma
 photo DSC_6175_zps360f851d.jpg

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love watching your family Jess! I especially love the chalk on the grill :) you are such a great mom !