Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SeaWorld San Diego

I dare say SeaWorld was my favorite outing during our trip. The girls and I loved it! You may or may not already know this about me but my one of my many wildlife dream jobs is to become a dolphin trainer.  People laugh, but I'm being completely serious. After all I did major in Wildlife in college and couldn't have found a better fit for me. So you know I'm going to like SeaWorld! The interactions and training possible with marine mammals is incredible. 

We headed to the Shamu show first and couldn't help but take a look underwater before finding a good seat. The girls were blown away...
Photobucket
Waiting for the Shamu show to start...
Photobucket
More than ever Rachel has begun the Miss Independent phase lately. With everything buckling herself in to pouring her own cup of milk to getting into SeaWorld all by herself...
She had no idea she wasn't holding a real ticket. Ah that girl, she is growing up way too fast...
Photobucket
Say howdy to Shamu!!!
Photobucket
Maggie was quite impressed...
Photobucket
So was I! Look at those gorgeous creatures!
Photobucket
This was the highlight of my day... getting to touch a dolphin! With the crowds I felt lucky that all three had the opportunity to touch one! Rachel didn't want to leave and neither did I. 
Photobucket
The girls loved petting the baby sting-ray! He sure made a big splash!
Photobucket
Checking out dude Crush!
Photobucket
The Payne girls at the turtle tank...
Photobucket
Gift shops... oh those darn gift shops! They were everywhere.
I'll take all the penguins Mom...
Photobucket
The Sea Lion show was a big hit! My two crazy kids are actually being still! 
Photobucket
Well, I thought they were being still. No such luck with Miss Mags. In fact she didn't mind getting comfortable with anyone in the stands...
Photobucket
Checking out the polar bear and beluga whales...
Photobucket
We couldn't leave the park without riding a few rides could we? 
Photobucket
Can you tell I was having a good day? It was a blast. I have got to take Tyler when he gets home.
Photobucket
Thank Goodness! A place to let the kids run wild...
Photobucket
And apparently the Mommies as well... Climbing out of that sucker was a bit of a doozie.
No need to worry, I'm in good hands...
Photobucket
Oh Maggie, you make me laugh so hard! 
You wouldn't believe just how hard she is hugging Shamu...
Photobucket
Have we seen it all? Is there anything else you want to do?
Remind me to get the group shot as you're arriving not as you're leaving. 
Despite having incredibly hungry and tired kiddos, the picture turned out decent. 
I miss SeaWorld. I think we'll have to check on the San Antonio one soon.
Photobucket


No comments: