Saturday, August 11, 2012

Old Point Loma Lighthouse

Interested in visiting a lighthouse?
Yes, please.
Photobucket
It was a beautiful little sightseeing place with fun sidewalks and spectacular views.   
Photobucket
Other than my crazy wind-blown hair, I like this one of the Payne girls. 
They were so fun to watch at this place. Rachel couldn't wait to see the ocean and as soon as it was in sight she repeated over and over again, "LOOK Mom, the ocean! I see it!".  
Photobucket
There it is! The lighthouse! How'd you like to live in that sucker?
Photobucket
This picture is hilarious! This scenario happened just about 50 times a day. While they were worried about Maggie killing herself, I took pictures. haha! Maggie received many new nicknames on this trip one of them being, Maggie 'Death wish' Payne. I try to explain to people just how crazy Maggie is, but I really don't think they believe me. Let's just say Tricia and Caitlin believe me. haha!
Photobucket
The inner workings of the lighthouse... I believe it's called a Fresnel Lens...
Photobucket
Up the spiral staircase to the top! Maggie's expression: "Woooe, I'm actually allowed to climb these!"
Photobucket
A few iphone pictures... 
Rachel made it all the way to the top!
Photobucket
Stop! Everyone look up and smile! Perfect place for a picture... except the whole Maggie trying to get down and fall down the staircase thing... 
Photobucket
Okay STOP again! Another good spot! Jeez, I'm starting to annoy myself! haha, thanks for putting up with all these pictures guys. Ya'll are such good sports. 
Seriously though, look at that view...
Photobucket
Maggie enjoyed running all over the place. Can't you tell just by looking at these pictures that she's a quick one? Someone catch that baby!
Photobucket
Whatcha see there Rachel?
Photobucket
There's San Diego! I love this picture in black and white...
Photobucket
But I love it in color too! Which one do you like better?
Photobucket
I had such a blast at this place! Outings like these just hit the spot.   
Photobucket
Oh Maggie, I can never get enough of you. That smile makes my heart happy.
Cheers to another beautiful day in San Diego!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Caitlin (& Billy) said...

oh my goodness. your girls are so cute. I miss them so much!!! And you!! This was such a fun trip! I'm going to blog about it soon (hopefully) and I'll probably be stealing lots of pictures from your blog if thats ok? I love ya girl!