Sunday, May 31, 2015

Kinder Graduation

Rachel survived kindergarten.Revise- I survived kindergarten.Rachel, however, kicked kindergarten's booty!
For real though, she did. The year started out rough. She was behind in reading and was really struggling with the new schedule. I worried about her a ton. But now she loves school and is right where she needs to be in reading. I'd like to take the credit, but I can't. She did it all!!!Gooooo Rachel!!!!!!
When I got the email about kindergarten graduation I have to admit that I had no idea that kindergarten graduation was "a thing". And when we arrived to the school that morning I saw entire families all dressed up, balloons, and cookies decorated with "Congrats Grad" on them.Immediately Mr. Incredible's statement came to mind..."It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate 
mediocrity but if someone is genuinely exceptional..." 
hahahahaha! 
Seriously folks, they're just moving from kindergarten to the first grade.

I came in with this opinion, but mind you I left with an entirely different one.
I balled.
And I swear my mind flash forwarded to her high school graduation. I vividly saw a beautiful, 18 year old, root beer eyed lady walk across a stage. It was Rachel. And she was grown up.

I blinked and saw this... thank goodness she's still little...
 {sigh of relief}
 photo DSC_0466 copy_zpsadhvealg.jpg
Getting ready to her big moment! 
hahaha!
 photo DSC_0465 copy_zpsuzk9669o.jpg
Her class was the first to line up...
 photo DSC_0486 copy_zpsehvp27sh.jpg
And there she is!!! 
My little graduate!
And yes, she posed like that.
So Rachel...
 photo DSC_0494_zpswaxfkbx6.jpg
She held it for a long time... the principle was like, "okay, you're done..."
bahahahaha!
Oh that girl! She comes by it so naturally...
 photo DSC_0495 copy_zpsnwltwojv.jpg
Remind me to stop blinking.
I keep trying by my involuntary bodily responses keep kicking in... it's impossible.
I can't believe how fast time goes by!
On to the first grade!!!
WHOOP! 

1 comment:

Glen and Kris Payne said...

Rachel- Grandma is soooo proud of you!! Wish I could have been there too.