Saturday, May 28, 2011

A trip to the Zoo

Rachel was fussing about something Wednesday morning and I can't seem to remember what about... oh yes, I think it was about getting pink yogurt on her dress.  All I could hear was, "burp rag, burp rag, burg rag" coming from the kitchen.  Yes, every time she makes a mess Rachel yells, "burp rag". Thats probably because one of us is always looking for one... Maggie spits up a lot (I sure hope she grows out of that soon). And if you're wondering about the "pink" yogurt, it's strawberry.  I know she likes other flavors, but she insists it must be pink.  What a girl! haha.  Speaking of girl, you've probably noticed the same couple of dresses over and over again on this blog.  It's the first thing Rachel says when I come into her room in the morning, "Dress please Mommy, Dress!".  Yes, I do have clothes for my child!  haha.

Anyway, back to Wednesday morning... I walked in the kitchen amiss all the fussing and said, "Rachel we're going to go see the monkeys today!"  Immediately all the fussing about the pink yogurt on the same dress that she wore three days ago was forgotten and replaced with "ooooooo-aa-aa-aa-aa!".  After that I knew it was going to be a fun day.


 oohhh, it's so hard for me to pick a favorite animal but Elephants are right there on top of the list... not quite the same as seeing them in the wild, but still awesome... 
Photobucket
All the kids...
Photobucket
This was the coolest white tiger ever!  He just paced and paced right in front of the glass wall...
Photobucket

   What is this a picture of you ask?  Well, its Rachel saying "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Photobucket
hahaha... Maggie had a lot to say about them animals...
Photobucket


   The parakeet pin was the coolest... you could feed them, hold them, whatever.... Rachel LOVED this!
Photobucket
Daddy got one!
Photobucket
Come here bird, where'd you go?
Photobucket
I just can't pass up these two pictures! I have a hard time getting Maggie to give me her big smile with the darn camera in front of my face.  It just kills me because it's so easy to get her going, so I held the camera down and started playing with her and snapped a few.  I know it's all off center and the stroller cushion is more in focus than her face, but I still love these...
Photobucket

Photobucket
It was so fun getting to go as a family! I love it when Tyler can come with us to things like this... 

Photobucket


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! :) I love Maggie's animal print outfit, so perfect!! Y'all have such a wonderful family!

Pop and Nana said...

Pop says more kids and less elephant butts!! I am glad yall finally got to go to the zoo. The girls are beautiful and you and Tyler are OK too. LOL

Mary Anne said...

What a cute family picture at the bottom! You look great Jess! Your hair looks really short in that picture, but in the temple ones it looks long so I'm guessing it's just pulled back. Love Maggie's shirt!!