Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Merry Christmas

My favorite part of Christmas this year was simply watching Rachel. I think she was constantly experiencing sensory overload with all the lights, people, music, stories, and junk food.  She was in heaven.  This was the first Christmas where I felt like I was finally a grown-up.  Instead of waking up Christmas morning excited about was I going to get, all I could think about was what Rachel was going to get, and what her reaction would be. Oh, and what a reaction there was!  I loved watching her jaw drop, and all the "OOO's!!".  Thats one of the things I love about having a toddler, it's like you get to experience everything again for the first time.  
Photobucket
And if you're wondering whats Christmas-ee about Rachel's messy face- It's our family tradition to have enchiladas on Christmas, and my Mom made Rachel her very own bowl of beans.  Definitely a tradition Rachel approved of. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! :) It is really fun to watch little kids reactions to Christmas! I'm glad y'all had a good one! :)

Mary Anne said...

Great pictures! Love the beans thing. I like the idea of a Mexican meal on Christmas. Mmmmm...