Tuesday, January 4, 2011

can't find the words...

I've been thinking about what I was going to write in this post for a couple weeks now.  Every time I sit down to write about this moment in our family's history a flood of feelings and emotions just overwhelm me. To the outside world it may seem silly to make such a deal out of being apart for two months, but for me, it was what had happened in those two months. I wanted to be able to do it justice so that we could look back and read about it one day. I even prayed for some inspiration. 
I finally decided that certain things are too special to try to put into words. I think the pictures speak for themselves... 


Rachel and Pop went up the stairs and down the escalator about a million times before Tyler's flight arrived
Photobucket
We're ready! 
Photobucket
He snuck up on us... I didn't even see him coming
Photobucket
that hug, oh that hug  
Photobucket
first time to see baby Maggie  
Photobucket
The FOUR of us!   
Photobucket

Photobucket
Me and my Soldier
Photobucket
indescribable  
Photobucket



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I wish I could have been one of those people watching you guys.

Sutherland Family said...

Oh, Jess, thank you so much for sharing those moments. I wondered and imagined what it was like that night when he arrived and the pictures were as good as being there. I have tears streaming down my face. You have such a sweet family and even more importantly, a oneness in your marriage that most people never know. Love you!

Megan said...

LOVED IT! I don't think words would have done it justice! I cried just looking at the pictures! You are a strong woman! What a sweet moment!

Anonymous said...

Girl, seriously a beautiful moment for your family! :) I love seeing the pure joy on all of your faces! What a magical time! I'm happy y'all got to spend that time together, and before you know it he'll be home for good!

Jessica said...

Oh Jess!!! YOu have tears streaming down my face!!! I love you guys! The pictures are amazing. Want to know something??? We are coming to Houston in April. Not sure if you are going to be there or here at Benning....but if you are still in TX I would love to see you. We always head to the zoo (cause it's FREE).We'll talk soon. I'm not sure about the dates yet, more than likely it will be over the kid's spring break.

Jeni said...

Oh..... you made me cry!! Precious. Not good words.

Jeni said...

Sorry. I meant I have no good words. See, I told you you made me cry!

Nefilinda said...

The pictures really DO say it all. What a beautiful reunion!

Mary Anne said...

Are you serious!?! I am in love with all of this. Jess! How wonderful that you got to have someone capture all of these moments for you. That really is special and I'm so happy you got pictures of it all. And not just any ol' pictures...amazing pictures. I can't get over how beautiful this post is.

I want to call you so bad but the timing is always weird (it's like 7 or 8 hours time difference) and by the time I think to call it's either not a good time in the states or my kids are asleep in this teeny hotel room or blah blah blah. And also when I've called my mom a lot of times she says the connection is bad so it always makes me hesitant to call anyone. Oh how I love and miss you!