Thursday, October 14, 2010

And it begins: Ranger school Day 1

You know that "looming" feeling?  The feeling that seems to float in the air all around you until it finally hits you in the face? You know...


It's like when you're franticly looking through your notes for something you forgot when your professor announces, "Notes Away, Pencils Out"
It's like running out to the mat to shake hands before the ref blows his whistle 
It's like when you're just moments away from giving a talk in church
It's stepping up to the plate and staring straight into the eyes of the pitcher
It's like dropping your husband and best friend off at the airport knowing that you're not going to see or talk to him for a long time. 

Well, that feeling has been floating around in the air for the past couple of days, and it finally smacked me in the face today. And I gotta say it wasn't fun.  But I'll tell you what is fun...


Making an A on a crazy hard exam
Wrestling your heart out and defeating your opponent after the 6 longest minutes of your life
Feeling the spirit so strong and winking at your hubby from the pulpit after giving a talk thinking... "I could totally do that again!"
Hitting a line drive to right-center and sliding hard into 3rd base
Embracing your husband as you hand him his newborn baby girl. 


Yeah... nothing gets better than that. :) 







Photobucket


After finishing all the packing and getting all the paperwork together, Tyler went to the backyard to play with Rachel.  I got out of the shower and found them playing with a turtle they found.  I thought it was pretty cute.  It was like they were in there own little world not even thinking about what was going to happen in the next couple of hours.  While I, of course, felt like life was ending! haha.  So dramatic.  Seriously, I wasn't planning on it, but the emotions overcame me.  I'll just blame it on being pregnant... although I'm pretty sure that I'd be gushing pregnant or not pregnant.  
I am so proud of my amazing husband... no matter what happens in the next couple months, he'll always be my Moroni-like warrior.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me Jess! You are so incredibly strong and optimistic! :) I'm sure this time will pass quickly and you'll be together soon!! Good luck with everything!

Jessica said...

Ok, I'm crying!!! :) You got me! It will pass quickly. I love ya. He will do GREAT!

Jeni said...

Oh Jess, you made me cry!! What a time for him to have to leave, huh? So glad that you have family around, hopefully you will receive lots of help & love! I love you so much! Call if you need anything or jsut want to talk. I so appreciate your warrior wife heart!! Lots of love, your sis.

Stephanie (Blackhurst) Jones said...

You made me even more proud of our soldiers. You have such a way with words.