Monday, November 12, 2012

Azle Lake Half Marathon 2012

To keep from going crazy, I decided to run a half marathon last weekend. Seriously, I feel like I'm going crazy. It's getting so close! Holy Smokes the anxiety is killing me! What's taking so darn long? haha, okay, okay... I'll tell you about the half marathon instead of whine! 

So, this was a last minute decision. Two weeks prior to the event I went out and ran 9 miles just to make sure that I still could (it's been a while). It was long and slow, but I finished it. Why not run 13 next weekend?
I forgot to wear my running capris with pockets, I forgot my shot blocs, and I forgot an extra hair tie. Oh man! Where is my running buddy Caitlin when I need her? Sheesh. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and knew it was going to be a hard run not to mention CrossFit had totally destroyed me last week. Oh well, here we go! And yes my hair tie literally broke in half after only a mile! Worst. Thing. Ever. Holy Cow! Good thing I found someone along the course with one on their wrist and begged for it! It was pretty darn pathetic. haha! 


But, I finished! It felt so good to finish this race. I can't tell you how good. Ended up with a time of 2:02:20... not too shabby.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Caitlin (& Billy) said...

DANG GIRL! You are amazing. And SO SKINNY. Sheesh way to make me feel bad haha! A time of 2:02?? CRAZY! You are a beast...in a good way. Breaking hair ties are seriously the worst. I had to ask a random girl for chapstick during my race haha it was pathetic as well. Anyways, LOVE YA you are awesome and you look great!!