Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Alamo City

We "had" to attend something they call a yellow ribbon event last weekend.  Basically one of those mandatory army things where they talk about deployment and give you lots of useless information that you already know.  It's supposed to be nice, relaxing, and informative, but I've got to be honest and say that I was totally fine with deployment until going to this yellow ribbon event.  If anything it stressed me out! I hate it when that happens.  
The cool part though was that we got to stay in a super fancy hotel right on the riverwalk.  Oh how I love San Antonio! The city just has so much personality and flare. Not to mention amazing Mexican food.  yummmmmmmm..... 


Here we are at the Alamo- I need to learn to switch the camera to Auto mode before handing it off to someone for a family shot. Such torture to have to switch! They turn out so much better on manual. {sigh} At least the Alamo was in focus...
Photobucket
My three favorite people...
Photobucket
Out to dinner...there's something about this picture I couldn't pass up.  It's just sooo Rachel. ;) I love that big personality of hers.
Photobucket
    Maggie would not take a nap in the hotel or even sleep at night for that matter... but, of course decided the perfect time for a nap would be when we're out on the town.  Can't blame her though, I like sleeping on Daddy too. ;)
Photobucket
Look! A mariachi band! The girls LOVED it!  
Photobucket
Lesson learned- Camera on Auto this time.  And we're all in focus! 
Photobucket
Dancing the night away... Rachel was in heaven.
Photobucket
The famous Riverwalk... it goes on and on... full of shops and restaurants. So much fun, and I must say beautiful at night...
Photobucket
    After dinner we decided to give into our sweet tooth and try out this Ice Cream shop... I love old signs like this...
Photobucket
Gotta love all those drips down her belly...
Photobucket
You scream, I scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!!! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun little trip!! Man, your posts really make me miss all the wonderful things Texas has to offer! I hope we get to visit soon!

Pop and Nana said...

Hey! Save some ice cream kisses for Nana and Pop!