Sunday, February 5, 2017

Jump In

I had a wonderful Mommy opportunity to take a little road trip this weekend.
Driving by myself is therapy. I get lost in thoughts. Thoughts of my childhood. Thoughts of good times... happy times. Thoughts about my little family.
During this trip my mind kept going back to one thing... JUMP IN.
JUMP IN JESS. Just jump in.
When you walk through that door, don't let anxiety overwhelm you. Don't let the chores and dirty floors blur your vison and dampen your attitude.
You're babies are all here. THEY ARE HERE. They are all yours.
SO JUMP IN. Jump in at bedtime and do it with all your heart.
Jump in and make those cookies with the kids hovering and fingers sneaking into the bowl of dough.
Jump in tomorrow when they ask... "Mom, what are we going to do today?"
Just. Jump. In.
And love every second of it.

My Jake boy! Even though the days are long and leave me exhausted. I can't believe how fast the months go by...
 photo DSC_6484 copy_zpsy3llpr1k.jpg
I'm not a perfect Mommy.
I yell and scream. I lose my patience. I skip prayers. I sit on the couch exhausted instead of doing fun things.
But gosh dang it, I'm going to try harder.
Because gosh dang it they are growing so fast!
I love my tribe.
And this baby... oh this baby...
I missed him the most this weekend.
I was told he missed me too.
He'd walk into our bedroom looking for me and yell "ma-ma, ma-ma! at bathtime and bedtime".
I can't tell you how happy it made me to be missed. I missed you too little buddy.
 photo DSC_6485 copy_zpsyxksrnab.jpg
Jake loves his Daddy. Especially when he eats his face.
JUMP IN.
This is our time.
 photo DSC_6476 copy_zpsnqvs0gea.jpg

No comments: