Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Cowtown


I'm trying to catch up and put all the stuff that has been going on this last semester! I told most of ya'll this, but I ran the Cowtown half marathon with my little brother in Feb. 2008. I was determined to do it and I did it without stopping!! pretty sweeeeet! It was so much fun! I never knew how much of a adrenaline rush it would be! There were people everywhere cheering us on and clapping! To me, it was very symbolic of all the angels that cheer us on everyday, only we can't see them. That sounded cheesy, but it's true! I've never been much of a runner, but I've found that it's the quickest and hardest workout I can do with the time I've got. I actually just started running one mile in the fall to try and lose some weight and it ended up turning into 13 (thanks to Tyler). Tyler was such a good sport about the whole thing. He has Army PT in the mornings and in the afternoons he'd run an extra 5 miles with me everyday. What a supportive husband! He was supposed to run it with me, but he had Army stuff the weekend that it fell on. :( Good thing I have a stud for a little brother to jump in at a weeks notice and run a half-marathon!!

No comments: